I’ve never sold anything on or through Kindnessgirl, I have protected the site pretty fiercely over the years simply because I always wanted the heart and intent of this life and work to be crystal clear. I’m not a non-profit, I fund all my own kindness projects (although kind friends have put a $10 bill in my hand occasionally, left supplies on my doorstep or stamps for mailing when they know I took on too much) and I work 2-3 part time jobs (outside of my kindness work) to contribute to my family’s needs to live and thrive. And I can’t tell you how, but somehow I have all I need and nothing more, which I love.
Part of me knows on some level, this is not sustainable (4 kids, 3 jobs, speaking gigs, community projects and kindness work) but I don’t exactly know what the next step will look like for me or how money even fits into all of this. So I was a wee bit nervous about attaching money to this sticker project but Suzanne was the perfect partner to take this leap with. We both wanted her art and the message of kindness out into the world, and with just a little start up cash, we knew we could at least put it out to see if our intuition was on and the universe felt the same…and it felt appropriate that if that were so (via profits), that the kindness travel even further…to more art, more kindness.
So here is what happened and what we learned:
1. You guys LOVE stickers and kindness…we actually sold out before noon the first day but put a rush on another print order that same day! We were so engrossed in putting the packaging together, I accidentally worked us right through lunch…never even realized- it was all just so pretty and my kindness ADHD brain was going a mile a minute.
2. We figured out how to be kind and NOT be vandals- We didn’t plan this but the stickers are scored on the back in 3 lines so you can peel just one off, and leave the sticker sticky on something. Then it can be taken or peeled off easily when someone finds it.
Doesn’t seem like it just fits here at the ATM?!
3. We overestimated how much shipping would cost- we were delighted to discover that the shipping was indeed much cheaper than anticipated so we will be contacting those of you with bigger orders to make that right. So sorry for the learning curve (we adjusted it since).
As for the smaller orders- it may not be time or cost effective to return $1 so in honor of you fellow soulsisters, we will be Ding Dong Ditching flowers to 3-4 women we know that may need a little love and kindness this week with the shipping overflow of funds.
4. SOOooooo we are still deciding what to do with the Soulsister Jar Fund of Kindness but we will let you know ASAP when we do, and it may just involve some kindness back to you all. (all funds will go back into kindness projects, no personal profits will be taken) We are just so excited so many of you decided to join us in this project! Not sure of the total number in the fund but will report soon! Thank you…your notes, your names, putting together your packages, each part made it so fun for us.
5. There are about 10 sticker sets left
and then we will close this project out…but don’t worry if you didn’t get some, there will be another collaboration of art and kindness in the future- maybe even soon. (ETA- we just SOLD out!)
And if you really, really wanted some but just didn’t have the funds right now- I reserved 3 sets for 3 special folks, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send some your way.
6. Don’t forget to upload your pics of whatever you decide to do with your stickers to the Silver Tree Art Facebook page
and leave us a comment here telling us what city or place you left them…you never know the power of google and who might try to find us, even without our names/site left on the sticker. (or you can e-mail the pics to email@example.com and we’ll make a slide show!)
blissed out from kindness, packaging, being kind vandals and more…
P & S