guerrilla goodness: the mother’s holiday survival kit
December 8, 2010
The holidays are hard, even though we love them. There are money worries, kicked up family dysfunction, growing up again, making magical memories, house decorating, baking, cooking, wrapping, work parties, kid parties, light tours, shows, dressing children in fancy clothes, the feeling all of it must be done.
I wonder though, almost everyone I know has a hard time around this time of year. How do we get to that place? How can we hold each other and our own hearts with a little more tenderness this year?
Hence the Mother’s Holiday Survival Kit and a little Ding Dong Ditchin’…
The kit includes:
1. Chocolate- because chocolate is always a good idea
2. Emergen-C- because even mothers need a hella dose of C for a pick-me-up
3. Coffee gift card- because we need to feel like we can just do something small and indulgent
4. Scotch tape- because you can never find the tape when you need it
5. Tea- because we should all take a break for tea
6. Mac&Cheese- because there is always a night you just shouldn’t have to cook something real
7. Kindness Magic jar- special notes to fill your soul
8. Finger flashlights– because all children love them and they might give you 5 minutes peace
9. Felt ornament kit- because you always have to come up with a kid crafty gift for the grandparents and aunties.
10. Paper Bead necklace kit- because kids and grown women like anything in rainbow option, and it’s fun to have a wow project to pull out.
11. Soul Candle- a candle that holds all the burdens of your heart so you don’t have to carry them, for just a little while.
Christmas kindness is spectacular, we delivered a few of these bad boys around town. The DDD was eventful, as usual, there was a shoe lost for a moment in the getaway, but I am happy to report we stealthily got it back.
What do you need in your holiday survival kit? Please tell us… I’d love to know. It can be anything, really. Maybe you need to give a kit or get one this year…