June 4, 2008
Do you remember the picks of last summer?
1. This summer is the summer when your mother makes you read…I know, totally boring but very necessary.
These are a good start:
Josiah- Prince Caspian
Riding bikes to a pizza dinner and movie date night to follow the finishing of the book. He’ll do almost anything for riding bikes together, pizza and movies.
Jack- Elmer and the Dragon
An after school program studying My Father’s Dragon had Jack completely obsessed with maps, knapsacks and dragons.
Lucy- All board books known to man. Animal picture books preferred.
2. Popsicle choice of the summer – we have returned to our old school ways. and you can eat like a 1,000 and never get sick of them. Verde is always gone first.
3. Josiah and I were daydreaming about going to one of these stores and a workshop after listening about them on NPR.
The Superhero Supply Store in Brooklyn sounds like a great stop on a short summer vacation to NYC. a girl can dream…
I swear I hear “We are the Champions” at least 10 times a day.
Lucy is still holding strong to the Across the Universe soundtrack.
5. Picking blueberries, or picking anything for that matter. Picking is part of my spirituality, always touches me on a core level.
6. Going semi-vegetarian… for us this means eating veggie all week and ordering a Cuban sandwich at a restaurant on the weekend. Does that make any sense at all?